As a childcare provider myself I love the chance to pick the brains of other GREAT providers and I was soo happy when I got the chance to do just that with Jellybean park! They offer INCREDIBLE service and care I am so in awe and I can't wait to share the interview with you!
1. I really loved the idea and look of your Prodigy Child Program, what do you love most about this option and what would you love to see in the future??
We really believe in our prodigy program and love how we can see every day how the children are being inspired by the different subjects and activities. Currently we are developing a Reggio Emilio inspired work area at our Langley location as a trial. It will be an area where kids will be free to create different projects that currently inspire and interest them. We love to see how the entire program fosters a deep love of learning in them from an early age.
2. How excited where you when you opened up your location in my backyard, Burnaby??
We have been open in Burnaby at Metrotown for almost 25 years. It’s where we developed our program, so it’s very near and dear to our heart. We also have a newer location in Langley that is also doing very well.
3. As a childcare what do you gain from using your social media outlets?? How do you use social media to create a unique community between you and all the parents??
We hope to use it to develop our relationships further with our parents as well as the communities of Burnaby and Langley.
4. What are the three best parts of your day, each day?
It’s a bit cliché, but it really is seeing the smiles on the children’s faces as they discover new things and then hearing the positive feedback from the parents about our program.
5. When it comes to social media and child safety, how do you balance the two??
We are very aware of concerns regarding the children’s safety by posting pictures and information about the kids on our networks. So we are very careful about the pictures going up and don’t post any specific information on the children who are registered here.
6. With Thanksgiving, Halloween and Christmas all on their way, if not passed, what have you and all the kids been doing or looking forward to most?
We do annual Christmas plays every year at both our Burnaby and Langley locations, which we will start working on very soon and the kids always enjoy doing, so they will be really excited about that. It’s always a great time of the year for us.
We do have a wait-list, after a parent has had a tour and wants to have priority of a spot as it becomes available, there is a $50 deposit to go onto the wait-list and then $50 is credited back on their first month of childcare fee when they start the program.
8. Lastly what are the best parts about your job and why?
We really think it’s as we said before, just seeing the impact on the children. We have been seeing the benefits in Burnaby for years, but it’s great to see it at our new centre in Langley and how well the program is doing in this new (for us) community.
I have to extend another HUGE thank you to Jellybean park for giving me the amazing opportunity! If you are interested in their care you should check them out!