okay... maybe a silly question we all know we talk about everything constantly... so why not just jump right into what I think about Kindergarten so far.
- Taking all these kids back and forth is a real big pain in my ass. I am sorry to say it, even living just across the street getting them all ready to go, fed in the morning and off to school is a HUGE production. That may sound ridiculous but I'm not joking I'll give you money to do this FOR me; best part is winter isn't even here yet... it is only going to get worse...
- They're already insisting a ton of things, like backpacks larger than our children, fabric only gym bags, along with all the food guidelines... did you know you can't send your kid to school with a paper bag lunch?? I mean I guess you could if it was nothing but dried goods and fruit etc... all funny things I need to think about.
- I miss him but clearly not as much as the other moms miss their kids. One of the mothers actually stayed at the school the entire time her kiddo was there (note this was just a little over an hour kinda day).
- I am nervous that he hasn't learnt enough here at home. I feel as though I could have gotten more in depth about that, but we focus all our lessons for all age groups, which may have been a factor in that. Him being in school will be helpful for our lessons here at the daycare though as I can focus them more towards my youngest and the clients.
- Volunteer work, I would love to do this but I am learning more and more that I just don't have the time to do that sort of stuff with the one client that I have. I would love to do that sort of stuff but the money is needed more than the volunteer work sadly... I will just have to do what I can from afar... I can hopefully make some PAC meetings depending on my hubby's work schedule. With him working 10 hour days I just don't know how it will work out.
- I have realized that I must be the most unfriendly mom in the mornings there, I try my best to talk to no one. Thankfully the amount of kids I have with me I am usually safe on the having to make eye contact with any of them... so many little things to watch...