I would also like to mention that we are looking for some other great new co-hosts that would love to help us get this meme off the ground some more! We would love to have you along, especially if you are of one of those elite super blog hoppers :) please message me!!
This Week's Topic: Fall vs. Autumn
Now we all know that Fall is typically an American thing to day and Autumn being more British. In fact Fall first showed up in the English language around the 16th century and was short of "fall of the year". In all fairness it makes sense.
Now Autumn apparently is an old french word! This term started being used as early as the 12th century, as either "autompne" or "autumnus" (Latin) and became VERY common by the 16th century. Looking into how words began etc... I think is really neat and after doing so I can say that clearly Autumn is the older term.
As a Canadian I prefer to use Autumn, but when I talk to kids I usually use Fall for under 3's and transition to Autumn for 4+. Why do I do this?? Just cause the word Fall correlates better with falling leaves thus making the season name easy for the younger kids to understand and remember.
That is my two cents on the matter.....
The ground rules:
- No Giveaways or reviews please, we want to stick to our topic or whatever thought provoking topic you have decided on your own. We want to get to know you personally not what you like or give out right?
- Make sure that you follow all the hosts via GFC and/or Facebook! (Mumfection, Home Maid Simple)
- Only thought provoking posts, which is why we always have a great topic for you prepared in case you are just having a blank day.
- Make sure your post has our Think About it Thursday button!
- Have fun, make some friends, follow, comment thoughtfully and above all else be respectful! Don't forget to let people know which hop your visiting from!
- Suggest a topic, this is not mandatory, but we would love your input and we will definitely consider it for future meme's!! If your topic is chosen you could end up receiving an e-mail giving you a chance to be one of the co-host's!!!