Is spending too much time on your computer bad?
This one is such a hard one for me cause I know that I spend way too much time on the computer. Sadly the time I NEED to be on here vs. the time I SHOULD strongly differ. Thankfully I have many great ways that I manage to juggle.
- Clearly I stay away from the computer during daycare hours.
- I will schedule tweets etc.. to keep my online presence active during these times.
- I schedule my posts giving me the ability to focus on my writing during after daycare hours, sometimes after the kids go to sleep or even before they wake up. I of course always take advantage of nap time.
- I limit my kids computer usage to only an hour a day TOPS, which believe you mean is the biggest challenge EVER. All my son does is ask for it even if he knows he as already had his time, no matter how many times you say it. Then when you tell the little poop no he starts crying!!! SERIOUSLY?!?!? This is not a new concept......
- A BIG to do list that I keep specifically for what I need to do on the computer, so when I do sit my butt down here, I am not screwing around too much. Although fb doesn't help with that....
- Lastly I do not pressure myself with my online stuff, if I just can't get it done, I can't get it done and thankfully everyone is VERY forgiving. I thankfully still manage to blog daily for the most part using these silly-not-organized-at-all-ideas.
I would have to say yes, think about your health, back problems... annoying geek afflictions such as wrist issues I am all too familiar with. Eye issues... not to mention down right addiction.
But what are we to do???
No to much people. Are entire world is run by the damn things, we can't NOT use them on a daily basis. So what??? I guess we'll all just have to practice moderation right?? Moderation and scheduling... seems the only way to battle this "evil" lol. Or we can look on the bright side and focus on the good things it does for us. The list is endless on both sides.
The ground rules:
- No Giveaways or reviews please, we want to stick to our topic or whatever thought provoking topic you have decided on your own. We want to get to know you personally not what you like or give out right?
- Make sure that you follow all the hosts via GFC and/or Facebook! (Mumfection, Home Maid Simple, Tim and Angi's)
- Only thought provoking posts, which is why we always have a great topic for you prepared in case you are just having a blank day.
- Make sure your post has our Think About it Thursday button!
- Have fun, make some friends, follow, comment thoughtfully and above all else be respectful! Don't forget to let people know which hop your visiting from!
- Suggest a topic, this is not mandatory, but we would love your input and we will definitely consider it for future meme's!! If your topic is chosen you could end up receiving an e-mail giving you a chance to be one of the co-host's!!!
Next Weeks topic: Who would you choose to be shipwrecked on a desert island with?