So, if you read last weeks Thursday post, you also know that we will be supplying a topic that you may or may not use for inspiration. This weeks topic is Children sharing a bedroom vs. having their own room. Of course most of you know that I have two boys, and live in a two bedroom apartment. This is a topic I have struggled with the last two and a bit years. My boys have shared a room from the beginning and I don't think I can tell you a time that it wasn't a struggle/juggle. Somedays are always easier than others but it is a definite battle at bedtime. I am in a position where we can only afford a two bedroom, that is gonna be changing though thanks to some great news on my hubby's end, as we live in Vancouver B.C. and if you know anything about real estate it costs you your soul to live here. I love this city and I would never move though, trust me, we have thought about it. Anyways what I am saying here is I never had the luxury to debate one or the other.
|Kids room on a good day, and the playpen is only there for daycare.|
What would you do if you had all the money in the world??
When thinking about it like this I definitely have to say that I would lean towards separate rooms. I have a few different reasons for this.
- My eldest son is a lot more... well he is less evil when it comes to his things. I would love to be able to have his Wii in his room without having to worry about youngest. He has recently been enjoying trying to drown it in liquids or pulling on cords. Of course we had to immediately remove it from the bedroom which of course upset eldest.
- I could leave laundry in eldest's room again. Youngest enjoys taking the dirty laundry hamper contents and throwing them all over the room, just mildly irritating right?
- Eldest and youngest would theoretically go to bed reasonably close to when we actually put them down to sleep... rather than mess around and play, scream at each other or scheme together to create as much chaos as possible.
- I could have twice as much room, I am realizing that the boys are getting more toys than we can manage to get rid of each year... either I need more storage or we need that three bedroom and BAD.
- I could empty youngest's room of all toys, laundry, or anything else he could create havoc with and leave just his bed and blankets and sleeping toys in there. Of course his decorations etc... too... did I mention he likes to go into the dressers and empty ALL the folded clothes onto the floor with all the dirty ones he throws around?
- With eldest starting school in September and since we'll be going on a bit of a walk each morning down the hill from us, I would love the separate room again for sleep reasons. I want eldest to be well rested, and sometimes youngest gets in the way of that.
The ground rules:
- No Giveaways or reviews please, we want to stick to our topic or whatever thought provoking topic you have decided on your own. We want to get to know you personally not what you like or give out right?
- Make sure that you follow all the hosts via GFC and/or Facebook! (Mumfection, Home Maid Simple, Tim and Angi's)
- Only thought provoking posts, which is why we always have a great topic for you prepared in case you are just having a blank day.
- Make sure your post has our Think About it Thursday button!
- Have fun, make some friends, follow, comment thoughtfully and above all else be respectful! Don't forget to let people know which hop your visiting from!
- Suggest a topic, this is not mandatory, but we would love your input and we will definitely consider it for future meme's!! If your topic is chosen you could end up receiving an e-mail giving you a chance to be one of the co-host's!!!
Next week's topic: What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?