Anyways all these factors and more lead me to open up my takeout menu stash. I save all the menus we get in the mail for coupons and more dinner options when we're in a pinch. We only really get take out once a month really so when we do we want something yummy. Now that I am a vegetarian I am all for variety without ordering from two different places or ending up with a lame cheese pizza. You know since hubby and the kids would rather remove their teeth than chew on a vegetarian pizza. So I thought well heck why not find something new.
I went with pizza....
but here is the clincher, I found a place with variety much like Hot Oven (another pizza joint hubby isn't much of a fan of something about the crust... the crust I LOVE) that had more than a few different pizzas I knew I could get into called Stan's Pizza Joint. My hubby is super picky so I knew he was having the hawaiian or what they call the "Aloha Special." For myself I had it narrowed down to THREE choices:
The Santa Fe: Fresh cut spinach, sun dried tomato, artichoke hearts, feta and red peppers
The Popeye: Fresh cut spinach, artichoke hearts, feta, black olives, and tomato
Pesto Amore: Pesto sauce, sun dried tomato, artichoke and feta.
Clearly I had a hard time narrowing it down but decided on the Pesto Amore since it has been a while since I have had a chance to enjoy a slice of pesto pizza downtown. So I called in my order to a really friendly sounding dude, was told 45 min and I happily waited whilst giving the brats a bath. When they arrived all of us were VERY ready to chow down and fill our bellies. Since they have a great 2 for 1 option my total was under 30.00 for two mediums, very happy about that!
- I was happy with the service over the phone: friendly and efficient.
- The pizza arrived on time and SUPER HOT, delivery boy was cheerful and friendly as well.
- Both my kids sat down and ate willingly, asked for seconds and enjoyed my vegetarian option.
- Picky pants loved his pizza thoroughly and even ate more later that night... he has been eating twice as much working this new job.
- Plenty of toppings and super tasty!
- Nice cheap price, and free delivery within 5km!
This review was done out of my own pocket as a way to enter the "restaurant review" world here in Vancouver... not that I go out much... but when I do... expect to hear about it!